Sunday, February 26, 2012

blue style


Megan at Beach Bungalow 8 recently hosted the exact party I've been fantasizing about. Held in her front yard, the baby shower's blues and whites color scheme was sweet without being saccharine, with no cheese in sight. My kind of party.


Megan found an ebay seller that offered Blue Willow plates for $4 each, and bought the rattan chargers at Pottery Barn and World Market.


Burlap covered the table, and fresh limes served as placecards. Blue and purple hydrangeas, green PeeGee hydrangeas and white roses were arranged in silver bowls.


I've been wanting to throw a blue-and-white themed party since I stumbled on this idea board at Style Me Pretty. I love the crisp, summery look.


Blue and white can also take on a slightly vintage feel (as seen on this board from Snippet & Ink), which is the direction I'm hoping to go for a shower for my sister at the end of the month. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment